Walking out in public is a nerve-wracking and stressful experience if your dog is leash reactive. Your barking, lunging dog becomes the centre of attention wherever you go. People stare. You feel as though they are judging you and your dog.
Fortunately leash reactivity is fixable.
- Provide you with management strategies to prevent your dog from lunging and barking
- Give you an emergency plan to get out of tough situations
- Teach you skills to keep your dog calm and focused on you as well as calmly acknowledging the presence of another dog.
- Coach you through the handling mechanics in a real life scenario until you feel confident that you and your dog can handle the situation confidently and successfully
Our Walks that Work! program is offered through a combination of online and hands- on classes.
- Our online course enables students to refer to our training videos at any time when developing and practicing the mechanical skills with their dogs in safe environments (ie no other dogs present).
- Our group classes provide hands-on coaching while practicing skills with other dogs in a safe and controlled environment.
- When your mechanical skills are proficient we will go with you out into the community to help you apply the skills successfully in real life situations
Laura’s program has helped us calm and connect with our highly reactive dog. We are so happy and are excited to see progress after only a few classes!”
Dawn, Steve and Zoe
Walks that Work – 6 group lessons plus access to our online video program. Cost $290 including HST Classes offered Sundays through July and August
We also offer a customized private program. Two private instructional sessions at our facility – followed by three sessions of private coaching in the community around other dogs. Access to our online video program and email/phone support. Cost: $500.00 plus HST