Walking out in public is a nerve-wracking and stressful experience if your dog is leash reactive. Your barking, lunging dog becomes the centre of attention wherever you go. People stare. You feel as though they are judging you and your dog. You start to avoid walking your dog because it is so stressful for both of you.
Fortunately leash reactivity can be greatly reduced.
- Provide you with management strategies to prevent your dog from lunging and barking
- Give you an emergency plan to get out of tough situations
- Teach you skills to keep your dog calm and focused.
- Coach you in real life scenarios until you feel confident that you can handle situations confidently and successfully
Our Walks that Work! program is offered through a combination of online and hands- on sessions.
- Our online course enables students to refer to our training videos at any time while developing and practicing the foundational skills with their dogs in safe environments.
- Ongoing support through texts, video reviews, phone, Zoom or posts on our private FB group for Walks that Work students.
- At the end of the six week online course you have the option of signing up for in-person private sessions where you can practice skills and receive hands on coaching from us in a controlled environment.
Laura’s program has helped us calm and connect with our highly reactive dog. We are so happy and are excited to see progress after only a few classes!”
Dawn, Steve and Zoe
To Sign Up Click HERE
Not sure if this is the right class for you? Schedule a phone consultation with our head trainer Laura. You can do so by clicking HERE